Under direct supervision, interfaces with visiting citizens at the Nature Center and facilitates environmental education programs for school groups, scout troops, adults, and families. Specialist assists in related programs including community outreach and special events; and performs related duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Which are not in any hierarchical order)
1. Conducts conservation education and interpretive programs to children, adolescents, youths, adults and families.
2. Assists in the planning of programs and activities.
3. Assists in the preparation and presentation of educational and interpretive activities and programs.
4. Designs and maintain interpretive exhibits and displays.
5. Performs program registration duties, including accepting funds and providing receipts
6. Assists in preparation of brochures and press releases
7. Provides a clean, safe and enjoyable environment for participants
8. Provides some custodial facility maintenance.
9. Maintains required records and prepares reports of attendance and program activities.
10. May attend staff and other meetings as assigned
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Salary: $15.00 hourly
High School Diploma or GED is required. A valid Florida driver’s license is required. For application purposes, a valid driver’s license from any state (equivalent to a State of Florida Class E) may be utilized; with the ability to obtain the State of Florida driver’s license within thirty (30) days from date of employment.
Closing Date: 1/21/2022
More Information and Link: https://www.wpb.org/government/human-resources/job-opportunities